Why go Land Neutral ?

Our invention addresses the paradox of ‘scarcity amidst plenty’ with respect to high solar PV electricity penetration in India. This problem is multi faceted that delves into   Read More

Land has Multiple uses - Opportunity Cost

Urbanisation

Industries

Settlements

Agriculture

Land Requires Preparation
Impacts Ecology
Efficiency Losses in land based plants

Dust

Shadows

Temprature

Our Objectives
Minimal Environment Impact

Low embedded energy, Eco-friendly material and Recyclable.

Integrated with Ecology

No affect on BOD in water, flora or fauna and aeration process.Highly efficient.

Cost Effective

Beneficial for CAPEX, Dual axis tracking system and Shorter pay-back period.

Potential of Floating Solar

Globally, floating solar has caught the attention of policymakers and industry alike. Water covers 71% of all Earth’s surface – and – using under utilized water bodies sustainably the ‘solar revolution over the blue’ can provide energy equitably in an environmentally benign way. Barring the 96.5%, by volume, in the ocean, a small portion of the remainder 3.5% holds the promise to provide ‘energy for all’. In India, FSPV power plants can be equitably distributed across the country’s geography. In the Indian context, clean energy from the yellow sun over the aquatic blue can be converted to an usable form using Floating Solar PV power plants.  Read More

Potential - India

Potential Development Areas - India

Yellow’s
floating solar technologies

Yellow Tropus has designed, developed and patented three specific technologies. which we currently manufacture in India and these power plants inherit the benefits of land-based solar power plants but overcome their limiting factors of growth – requirement of large tracts of land.

Seahorse Technology

Land-Neutral solar PV power plant with a fixed tilt, aim to maximise cost-effectiveness.The Seahorse technology is completely standardised and prefabricated, with a predesignated tilt and requires no on-site construction.

Evaporation
loss control

Energy
Generation

Space
Optimization

Cost
Optimization

Read More
Stingray Technology

Land-Neutral solar PV power plant with a fixed tilt, aim to minimise losses due to evaporation.The Stingray technology is completely standardised and prefabricated, with a predesignated tilt and therefore requires no on-site construction.

Evaporation
loss control

Energy
Generation

Space
Optimization

Cost
Optimization

Read More
Dual Axis Technology

Land-neutral solar PV power plant equipped with dual-axis tracking mechanism.The power plant is a floating structure adaptable for water-based operation that holds multiple arrays of solar photovoltaic modules.

Evaporation
loss control

Energy
Generation

Space
Optimization

Cost
Optimization

Read More
About Yellow Tropus

We are a design and engineering company focussed and specialised in the development of Floating Solar PV (FSPV) power plants which enable us to establish power plants in a variety of abundant yet under-utilised settings, such as abandoned mining sites (aimed at rejuvenation), lakes and ponds available in urban and rural settings (aimed at conservation), water reservoirs (aimed at evaporation mitigation), industries with large water requirements such as thermal power plants (also aimed at water conservation) etc. These land-neutral power plants, demonstrate a large range of co-benefits and on an average produce substantially higher energy yields as compared to their contemporaries on land.

FSPV power plants inherit the benefits of land-based solar power plants but overcome their limiting factors of growth – requirement of large tracts of land.

In addition to higher energy generation, the technology provides a huge range of co-benefits such as complete avoidance of land acquisition, ability to be combined with water based livelihoods, evaporation control (extremely beneficial for large reservoirs), improvements in accompanying water ecosystem, inter alia.

Our focus has been on continuous technological innovation, through which we have been able to develop solution(s) that are cost effective, apart from being modular, easy to assemble while requiring low operation and maintenance.

We believe, that our technology imbibes the very concepts that lie at the heart of solutions framed within the settings of water-energy nexus.